Sunday, May 28, 2023

Welcome! First post!

This is a new endeavor for me. 

Wait, who is "me"? 

My name is Blossom Barden. I currently live in Southwest Ohio (and really like it) with my husband and two cats. I am a 'veteran' homeschool mom of two graduates (in '15 & '17) using mostly Charlotte Mason's philosophy with the AmblesideOnline curriculum. 

In 2017 I founded the non-profit Wildwood Community School in Northeast Ohio that grew out of a local homeschool co-op begun the year before. The co-op there is still active and headed up by one of WCS's board members, Barb Gifford. Since 2017 I have taught online history (and other) classes, first through Empowered Online Academy (no longer active) and Wildwood Community School's Learning Center. 

I am a moderator for the AmblesideOnline forum (one of the best places online), co-coordinator for Set Your Feet (an Ohio Charlotte Mason annual retreat), and the administrator for a couple GoodReads groups (Charlotte Mason Homeschoolers and LitLiferFanClub). I drive a school bus and am the secretary for EAA284 (that's aviation related).

The purpose of this blog is really to give reviews via narrations of the living books I'm reading. As a teacher I really need to be up on the best books for my subject area for my students. As a human being with a mind, I need books that have worthy ideas. I'm attempting to link those two needs in this blog. The books I choose will be from various "Charlotte Mason" curriculums as well as from 'trending' books that I find to be relevant to whatever subject I'm pursuing. It will absolutely be a wide range of subjects by a wide range of authors. I am open to suggestions as well. 

book with bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Note on the Teaching of School Science (1928)

 Another from the Parents' Review Articles 'archive' - still working on the subject of science.  Over at the  AmblesideOnline Fo...